The Civic Accelerator Program (CAP) is a 3-month program, developed by the Civic Innovation Lab, a technology hub in Abuja, Nigeria, that supports startup ventures with solutions to critical social issues. This program will help entrepreneurs launch innovative and scalable social ventures that solve civic and environmental issues in Nigeria.
According to Susan Cohen of the University of Richmond and Yael Hochberg of Rice University, the four distinct factors that make accelerators unique. They are fixed-term, cohort-based, and mentorship-driven, and they culminate in a graduation or “Demo Day”.
The CAP is a tool for development, growth and support for early stage startups. Value will be provided through training, consultancy, and productivity management strategies that will enable the startups scale and attain sustainability.
Who Should Apply
The Civic Accelerator Program is for startup ventures who have groundbreaking solutions to social and civic problems. We are looking for creative teams with innovative technology solutions that addresses our common problems as a society.
All applicants should possess the first quality, and one or more of the others:
- Entrepreneurs/ventures whose business model is built around providing solutions to social, cultural or environmental problems.
- Innovative and scalable businesses whose solution utilises a digital or technological element.
- A business with a sustainable model. We believe that in order to make a true long-term impact, a viable plan for revenue streams must be created.
- A team with relevant experience and complementary skills as well as a high degree of commitment. We believe that the capacity and commitment of the team is most essential to achieve the vision.
What the Civic Accelerator Program Offers
- Access to Networks
- Networking Opportunities
- Office Space
- Peer Learning
- CIL Team
- Access to Investors
- Application to the Civic Accelerator Program closes on Monday, September 4, 2017.
- Selected ventures will be notified by Friday, September 15, 2017.
Apply for the Civic Accelerator Program here.