Civic Foundation for Innovation is a launchpad for Tech-driven innovation and scalable enterprise. We are a community of vibrant, ambitious and forward-thinking intrapreneurs and innovators. Our area of work includes; making technology more accessible across Nigeria, promoting innovation and enterprise with the possibility for high social impact, using technology to drive economic inclusion as well as supporting scalable micro and medium
scale social enterprise. We strongly believe that promoting quality education and access to technology can help children and young adults learn skills they need to proffer solutions to the challenges in their community.
We are looking for an experienced Program Manager with team management experience to supervise a range of proven programs. The successful candidate will lead programs, partner with the ED and work collaboratively with a high-performance management team.
You will be responsible for the delivery and overall success of each program. You will supervise managers and inform management on progress and performance.
A successful Program Manager must have a broad knowledge of program management principles. They must have a strategic mindset as well as be able to lead and develop their subordinates.
The goal is to ensure every program will be delivered successfully and add the highest possible value to the organization.
Initiate and set goals for programs according to the strategic objectives of the organization.
Positioning CFI for grantmaking eligibility, responding to RFPs and building strategic partnerships among OEMs and International Development Organizations
Plan the programs from start to completion involving deadlines, milestones, and processes.
Formulating, organizing and monitoring inter-connected projects
Coordinating cross-project activities
Using technology as a management reporting tool and experience working with information technology staff to develop and implement program evaluation systems
Develop or approve budgets and operations
Devise evaluation strategies to monitor performance and determine the need for improvements
Supervise all program and project managers involved to provide feedback and resolve complex problems
Applying for, and securing grants
Building strategic partnerships with development organizations
Discover ways to enhance efficiency and productivity of procedures and people
Apply change, risk, and resource management principles when needed
Read reports prepared by managers to determine progress and issues
Ensure program operations and activities adhere to legal guidelines and internal policies
Keep senior management informed with detailed and accurate reports or
1. Minimum of a BA, BSc, MA, MSc is preferred
2. At least 7 years of experience with three of those in a team management role.
3. Demonstrated success developing and evaluating program models, selecting and successfully operationalizing innovative programs.
4. Knowledgeable in positioning non-profits for grantmaking eligibility, responding to RFPs and building strategic partnerships among OEMs and International Development Organizations.
5. Proficient in using technology as a management reporting tool and experience working with information technology staff to develop and implement program evaluation systems.
6. Strong project management skills managing complex, multifaceted projects resulting in measurable successes and program growth
7. Experience having worked with a high-performance, collaborative, constructive peer group.
8. Strength in hiring, recruiting, managing, developing, coaching, and retaining
individuals and teams, empowering them to elevate their levels of responsibility, span-of-control, and performance
9. Deep understanding of human resources, employee performance improvement plans, and corrective action policies
10. Demonstrated results in managing through complex systems and proven experience negotiating win-win agreements
11. Excellent verbal and written communication skills with exceptional attention to details.
12. Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and a commitment to and passion for Civic Foundation for Innovation mission. Nonprofit’s mission.
This position Responsible for providing leadership and direction on Civic Foundation for
Innovation Program content; implementation and evaluation of programs with an emphasis on measurable outcomes using data and best practices; prioritization of program objectives, activities and budget needs; handling financial resources to support prioritized areas of work; continuation and development of team-based approaches.
Language: Excellent spoken and written English.
Type of Position: Full time
Application deadline: 15 June 2019
Location (City): Abuja